ICTV is currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions :
Deputy News Director – Alice Springs
Internal Award Level 3 Band A $74,000 per annum, plus superannuation
The Community News project is an ICTV hybrid program comprising live news, pre-recorded community news, special interest, and current affairs, all presented in an Australian Indigenous language.
This news and current affairs bulletin airs on the first Friday of each month and is currently funded until December 2025.
Each episode runs at approximately 30-45 minutes, with a language-speaking anchor newsreader presenting in two of the following languages: Western Arrernte, Warlpiri, or Pitjantjatjara. A simple English version of the Community News is also produced.
The Deputy News Director will work closely with the News Director, playing a vital role in supporting the News Director in the production of the Community News bulletins. The Deputy News Director will also be responsible for supporting junior journalists, language workers, cadets, and presenters in the development, writing and delivery of the news.
CONTENT FOR THE PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:
- National News
- Community News
- Human Interest stories
- Sports stories and coverage
OVERALL FEATURES FOR THE STORIES AND SEGMENTS:
- Of interest to ICTV audience
- Includes issues impacting remote communities
- Stories must have an Indigenous focus
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Researching and writing news stories with specific interest to audiences in remote Indigenous communities.
- Contributing to editorial input under the direction of the News Director.
- Facilitating training for newsroom cadets.
- Liaising with contributor organisations and individuals regarding the submission of news content.
- Supervising staff working in the news this includes managing news staff KPIs.
- Researching, developing and writing stories.
- Proof reading and modifying existing stories.
- Supporting filming on location with the ICTV crew
- Assisting in the development of workflows for all news associated projects.
- Taking on other crew roles as required during the live production of the program.
- Ensuring that all workflow elements are delegated and achieved.
- Working with social media staff to create posts to accompany the news.
- Utilise all ICTV systems as required.
- Undertake training in skills specific to this project such as video editing, and camera operation.
- Comply with WH&S requirements and organisational policy.
- Deliver agreed KPIs.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Other duties as requested by ICTV General Manager.
The Deputy News Director position can be applied for here. This position is based in Alice Springs with start date as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Laurie May or Lisa McLean on 08 8952 3118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications have been extended. Applications now close 5pm, Friday 6th October.
All the above positions are based at the ICTV offices at 10b Wilkinson Street, Alice Springs NT 0870.
All positions are local appointments.